Displaying same view in two different region

Dec 11, 2009 at 8:29 PM

Hi I want to display view in dashboard and when button click want to display same view in Tab controll as fullscreen view...........how can I do it as both need to be displayed ...

Dec 11, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Hi

Prism perfectly supports showing the same view in more that one region, either the same view type or the same view instance. To show a view when a button is clicked, View Injection is usually used as it gives you control of when the view is displayed. The view that is displayed in the Dashboard can be registered either through View Discovery or View Injection.

Take into account that to keep concerns decoupled, the component responsible for placing the View in both regions (Dashboard and Tab) should be in the same module as the View.

Below you can find a couple of threads that talk about this and how it can be achieved:

You can also check the UIComposition (Discovery and Injection) Quickstarts, which show some similar functionality.

Please let me know if this helps.

Damian Schenkelman
http://blogs.southworks.net/dschenkelman

Dec 14, 2009 at 3:03 PM

Thank You for your reply...

But I am still confused how to create new instance of view ..............Below is my code  all of this in the controller  Run() is invoked to display view in Dashboard...ShowApplicationQueue suppose to display full screen of view in other region.. 

public void Run()

{

dashboardRegion = this.regionManager.Regions[GlobalRegionNames.DASHBOARD];

dashboardRegion.Add(applicationPresenterModel.View,"testing");

dashboardRegion.Activate(applicationPresenterModel.View);

}

public void ShowApplicationQueue()

{

//// Help me how to add view to other region

mainReg = this.regionManager.Regions[GlobalRegionNames.MAINREGION];

mainReg.Add(this.applicationPresenterModel.View);

this.mainReg.Activate(this.applicationPresenterModel.View);