Rough schedule for next version of Prism?

Topics: Prism v2 - Silverlight 3, Prism v2 - WPF 3.5
Jan 9, 2010 at 2:49 PM
Edited Jan 9, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Any update on the status of the next version of Prism?  Even just a rough timeline would help.

Wild dream list ;)
I'm expecting this new version will magically integrate MEF with Prism and resolve all ambiguity about where each should be used. 

Also, it would be nice if the MVVM support in Prism was raised to such a level that all 3rd party MVVM toolkits became unnecessary.  (I would rather not have to manually integrate the goodness from those 3rd party kits in with the stock Prism.)

Related long term planning question: What do the Prism and MVVM toolkit implementers think should be added to the underlying Silverlight/WPF platform (like markup extensions for SL, etc.) that would make their implementation jobs much easier?

Thanks,
Alex

Jan 13, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Hi Alex,

The latest official information for the next version of Prism(probably named Prism v4) can be found in the David Hill’s blog post. This post mentions some of the topics you are looking for.

For example, from the David Hill’s blog post: “In the next version of Prism (Prism 4.0) we’ll be focusing on leveraging MEF as much as possible and ensuring that Prism and MEF work seamlessly together”

Furthermore, he asks for the community to give feedback, so as to direct the scope and focus of the development.

Please let me know if this helps.

Fernando Antivero
http://blogs.southworks.net/fantivero

Jan 13, 2010 at 8:59 PM
Edited Jan 13, 2010 at 9:34 PM

Hi Fernando,

Well, I assumed that this CodePlex forum was the central information point about Prism.  It seems like rough time frames and feature sets would be pretty important to most consumers of a project like Prism.

If you want me to repost the same question directly on David Hill's blog, I will do that.

Thanks,
alex

Jan 13, 2010 at 9:36 PM
Edited Jan 13, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Hi Fernando,

Actually, I can't ask David anything on that "Prism and MEF" blog article you linked to, because at the end it says "New Comments to this post are disabled".  Any suggestions? 

Thanks,
alex

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2010 at 7:32 PM

Alex,

I just created a discussion thread on Prism 4.0. This discussion thread includes the rough time frame and a high level list of features we are considering for Prism 4.0. Additionally you should be able to now reply to David's blog post. Let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks.

Blaine Wastell, Program Manager p&p Client Program

http://blogs.msdn.com/blaine