Navigation: Will Prism allow opening "new window" style navigation in Siverlight?

Topics: Prism v4 - Silverlight 4
Sep 30, 2010 at 7:15 PM

I really need a mechanism from Prism which allow Prism-based application being able to navigate to a page opened in a separate window. I check the Prism document Chapter 7 Navagation, looks the navagation avaliable in the Prism are either State-based or View-based, the latter is quite close to what I am looking for. But it is still the navagation inside the one window. Will Prism provide this capability in Silverlight? Note, the page(view) hosted in a "new window" means that it is not "Modal" child window. The "new window" is more like a new shell to host necessary views(pages), it should like a "sibling" to origial shell window.

Sep 30, 2010 at 8:14 PM

Hi Shirley,

There is no guidance on this topic in Prism out-of-the-box. Therefore, I would recommend to you take a look at the following forum thread: Navigation between two dynamically downloaded Silverlight application.

The information provided in the aforementioned forum thread is for Silverligth 3, but it might help in your scenario.

I will create a work-item for this. So the product team will be notified. This way other users can vote this.

I hope this help.

Fernando Antivero
http://blogs.southworks.net/fantivero

Sep 30, 2010 at 8:17 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.