Region inside a view - Solved

Topics: Prism v4 - Silverlight 4
Feb 5, 2011 at 12:40 PM
Edited Feb 5, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Dear all,

I have a scenario where I need to define a nested prism:region inside one of my views.

I followed this post, but It isn't clear for me where is the scoped region is defined, I have it in my PersonView.xaml as ItemsControl as follows:

<ItemsControl x:Name="detailsviewcontainer" prism:RegionManager.RegionName="DetailsView" />
in the code behined of my view I have this in the constructor:
RegionManager = regionManager;

IRegion detailsRegion = this.RegionManager.Regions["DetailsView"];
IRegionManager detailsRegionManager = detailsRegion.Add(view, null, true);

It doesn't show up ... !!
Any help !!!!
Feb 6, 2011 at 12:10 AM
Edited Feb 6, 2011 at 12:14 AM

Not sure what your question is? What doesn't show up? the detailsRegionManager or the DetailView.

if the scoped region detailsRegionManager is not showing up then you first have to register it like

after you do this all your subsequent container Resolve statements should be able to get the detailRegionManager.

hope this helps.

Feb 6, 2011 at 11:02 AM

Hello Brittoa,

Thanks for your reply, I could hardly get it all.

I mean the main view is not showing up, I am using MEF .. whenever I have error in any particular thing in the page it doesn't show up... I can deal with this no problem.

I debug the application and the detailsRegionManager is not assigned (null), what do you mean by register the detailsRegionManager ... I don't get it

Where should I register the detailsRegionManager ?

could you please clarify if my previous steps are correct and then update it to register the detailsRegionManager with MEF.

Appreciate your help indeed

Feb 6, 2011 at 11:54 AM
Edited Feb 6, 2011 at 11:56 AM

This post helps me a lot ...

Best regards