Advantages of Prism 4.0

Topics: Prism v4 - WPF 4
May 3, 2011 at 12:15 PM

What is the advantages  prism 4.0 has over prism 2.0?

May 3, 2011 at 2:40 PM

In Prism v4 you will find the following new features:

• Targeting .NET framework 4.0.
  • Targeting Silverlight 4.0.
  • Targeting Windows Phone 7.
  • Supporting MEF as an additional alternative to Unity as a dependency injection container.
  • Guidance for MVVM for both WPF and Silverlight Application.
  • More detailed documentation and new Reference Implementation created to demonstrate the use of Prism.

Aside from that, there are bug fixes and new features added to make the API more consistent and clean.

Additionally you can read the following articles from Prism MSDN documentation:

I hope you find this information useful.

Miguel Bronzovic

May 4, 2011 at 5:35 AM

Thanks for the reply.

You mentioned that bug fixes are done in Prism 4.0, Can you list me the bugs fixed in this versions.....

May 4, 2011 at 12:57 PM

Hi Daisy,

You can find the latest code changes that reflect the bug fixes and improvements in Prism v4 in the Source Code section of this Codeplex site.

Additionally, you can check the closed work items in the Issue Tracker to find more information about which bugs and feature requests were covered in Prism v4.

I hope you find this helpful.

Guido Leandro Maliandi

May 4, 2011 at 1:20 PM

Your reply was useful.

I have one more question. In Prism 2.0 there is a known bug "Memory leak problem" With child regions...

Is this bug fixed in Prism 4.0 ?

I m working with converting a project from prism 2.0 to prism 4.0 and i m looking into the advancements and features prism 4.0  has over prism 2.0.

May 4, 2011 at 1:26 PM
Edited May 4, 2011 at 1:26 PM

The problem youre referring to hasn't been fixed as of Prism v4. However, you might find the following workaround useful to deal with that, as described in this work item:

Remove view does not remove all sub-views

I hope you find this helpful.

Guido Leandro Maliandi

May 4, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Thanks !!!