Issue with Multiple Popup windows using InteractionRequest<Notification>

Topics: Prism v2 - Silverlight 4, Prism v4 - Silverlight 4
Jan 13, 2012 at 7:50 AM

We have encountered a strange issue with InteractionRequest<Notification>

Here is the scenario:

We are using InteractionRequest<Notification> to display popup window in Shell.xaml. You can configure the number of pop-up windows to be displayed to user. Whenever user opens the Application the first popup window would be displayed once he clicks on “OK” then the second popup window would be displayed and so on till all popups are displayed. if Popup window is displayed more than 1 time in the Home page and after that if any page displays any Popup window box like Notification or any other confirmation popup window  and user clicks on OK on it then the whole UI freezes.

I just wanted to understand that is it a limitation on InteractionRequest<Notification> object that we can ONLY raise one popup at a time I mean you cannot raise multiple Popups on the same object on the confirmation call back. I tried to bing for the soln however it couldn’t be of much help.

Please let me know if anybody has come across similar issue and found a soln for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the code snippet that displays the Popup Alerts

private void DisplayAlerts()

if (!displayedAlerts)

displayedAlerts = true;

if (MessageAlertInfo == null) return;

if (MessageAlertInfo.Count > 0)

Notification notification = new Notification() { Content = MessageAlertInfo[0].MessageText, Title = "Alert" };

this.notificationInteractionRequest.Raise(notification, callback => GetMoreAlerts(MessageAlertInfo[0].MessageId, 1));

private void GetMoreAlerts(long id, int i)

if (i < MessageAlertInfo.Count)

this.notificationInteractionRequest.Raise(new Notification() { Content = MessageAlertInfo[i].MessageText, Title = "Alert" }

, callback => GetMoreAlerts(MessageAlertInfo[i].MessageId, i + 1));

Naresh G

Jan 13, 2012 at 4:52 PM

Hi Naresh,

Based on our understanding of your scenario, we tried to recreate it including the code snippet you posted above. However, so far we could not reproduce the issue you are describing.

In the following links you can find two sample applications that raise interaction requests with your code snippet without problems:

It would be helpful if you could provide us with a repro-sample application portraying this problem so that we can help you further with it.

I hope you find this useful,

Damian Cherubini