Bring a region to fullscreen when doubleclick on title

Topics: Prism v4 - Silverlight 4
Jan 30, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Hi All,

The framework is cool and I really like it.

I have a question like: is there a way to make certain region to go fullscreen when user double click on the region title?

let say I got three regions in my shell and each of it have it own view. One for video, one of data, and the other is for chart. I want to make it so that user is able to click on the title of Video region, that region will go fullscreen.

This would be nice

thank you

Jan 30, 2012 at 7:11 PM

As far as I know, there is no official support for this scenario in Prism out of the box. Based on my understanding, you could take advantage of the capabilities provided by Silverlight to show a user control in full screen mode and show the control which contains the region in full screen.

As a possible approach, you could add in your Shell an empty region (for example "FullScreenContentRegion") that could be used to show any content in full screen. Then, through a shared service, you could set your application to full screen mode , inject the content you want to show in the aforementioned region and hide the rest of the elements in the Shell.

You can find more information about full screen mode in Silverlight in the following link:

Also, based on my understanding, the capability of using full screen mode on Silverlight is not strictly related to Prism. Therefore, I believe you might find better support, for example, in the Silverlight forums:

I hope you find this useful,

Damian Cherubini

Jan 30, 2012 at 8:59 PM

Thank for the reponse, I'll give it a further reseach and back to the topic.