Application Skins

Jul 24, 2008 at 3:45 PM
Hi
Is there any recomendations about application skinning??  (How to organize files etc..... )

I've read a interesting artikel on CodeProject (by Carl Shfflett) but I am not to sure, that his aproach is suitabel for a Prism based solution.

//regards
Jul 29, 2008 at 1:56 AM
Bill Steele does an 18 part Microsoft Webcast Series on WPF.  In Part 10,  Adding Pizzass with Style, he addresses this question at video offset 34:20; he indicates that it can be done with Control Templates (which he teaches video offset 17:50).   He further explains that Databinding (Part 9 of 18) can be used.

I have more info on the series HERE
Aug 2, 2008 at 6:09 PM
Tanx for the information.
I've more intrested in how to organize to your project,, more like where to put files etc... to keep your application solution managable...

//lasse
Aug 3, 2008 at 1:23 PM
Probably the most important thing you can do is understand MVP and MVC,  Phil Haack has perhaps the most comprehensive blog on the subject that I've read.   Once you understand this then you'll find the CompositeWPF samples to be an excellent resource for "where to put files etc... to keep your application solution managable".   I particularly enjoyed "The Difference?" where he does a WinMerge between MVP and MVC - very enlightening (you'll see what I mean).