Prism 4.1 still using Silverlight 4?

Mar 6, 2012 at 6:09 PM
Edited Mar 6, 2012 at 6:23 PM

So I've grabbed the 4.1 release of Prism for use with my Silverlight 5 application.  But now code analysis is complaining:

MSBUILD : warning : CA0060 : The indirectly-referenced Silverlight assembly 'mscorlib, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=7cec85d7bea7798e' could not be found. This assembly is not required for analysis, however, analysis results could be incomplete. Silverlight reference assemblies should be specified with the '/reference' switch. This assembly was referenced by: C:\...stuff...\Lib\Microsoft\Prism\4.1\Silverlight\Microsoft.Practices.Prism.dll.

So it sounds like Prism 4.1 (which is packaged with PRISM 4.1) is not fully built against SL5?  Or perhaps it's because I'm using Unity 2.1 which is not built against SL5?

Mar 6, 2012 at 7:42 PM

Based on my understanding, this could be related to a known issue described in Prism 4.1 Readme (readme.mht file) due to the fact that FxCop cannot resolve references to older libraries. As the Prism library references versions of the Common Service Locator and Unity that still reference Silverlight 4, a similar warning appears. As mentioned in this article, this problem only exists when you are mixing versions. And the work around is to make sure ALL of the references you are using in the Silverlight 5 application are built against Silverlight 5.

Based on this, I believe that using Unity 2.1 which is not built against Silverlight 5 might be the cause of this warning.

I hope you find this handy,

Agustin Adami