Persistence service in CompositeWPF

Sep 8, 2008 at 7:08 AM
I am migrating Bank teller application of CAB in CompositeWPF. In the Bank teller application author has used Persistence service (IStatePersistenceService) of CAB for saving the state of Customer object. I am looking something same in CompositeWPF. I did a lot googly for finding Persistence service in CAG but did not find anything.

Tarun Kumar
Sep 8, 2008 at 4:33 PM

Hi

The State Persistence service was designed to save and load the State collection of a WorkItem. The Composite Application Library does not directly support the concept of a WorkItem and does not provide any out-of-the-box functionality to save the application’s state.

However if you are interested on using the State collection class and the State Persistence service of CAB, you can copy their implementation from the CAB source code and register an implementation of the IStatePersistenceService interface (like the StreamStatePersistenceService class) as a service in your container. Then you can use the service to save and load your State collection.

Perhaps you may find useful the following articles:

·         Composite Application Guidance for CAB Developers: Document that helps you to map CAB concepts to CAL concepts. You may want to look at this documentation if you are considering a new WPF project and are familiar with CAB concepts, or are moving a CAB application to the Composite Application Library.

·         Migration from CAB: Section in the CompositeWPF Knowledge Base that includes articles/questions about migration scenarios.

Please, let me know if it helps.

Mariano Converti

http://blogs.southworks.net/mconverti