I can't debug UICompositionQuickStart

Topics: Prism v4 - Silverlight 4
Jul 6, 2012 at 3:01 AM
Edited Jul 6, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Why can't I debug UICompositionQuickStart, I open Configuration Manager and it's configuration is set to debug in all subprojects, and still no breakpoint will make it stop...

Developer
Jul 6, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Hi,

From our side, I am able to debug the UI Composition QuickStart without problems; which leads me to believe that this is related to the configuration of your Visual Studio / QuickStart solution.

As a starting point, you could try the following:

• Check if Silverlight code debugging is enabled in your QuickStart solution. To do this, right-click on the UIComposition.Web project and select Properties. In the Web tab, the Silverlight check box under the Debuggers group should be checked in order to enable Silverlight code debugging.
  • Try cleaning the solution, deleting the obj and Bin folders of each project and delete the .XAP files in the ClientBin folder of the Web project.
  • Try removing and re-adding the Silverlight projects to the Web project. To do this, right-click on the UIComposition.Web project and select Properties. In the Silverlight Applications tab, remove both projects and then add them again.

I hope this helps,

Damian Cherubini
http://blogs.southworks.net/dcherubini

Jul 7, 2012 at 4:44 PM

Thank you very much Damian.