Form base Authentication in prism with RIA service

Topics: Prism v4 - Silverlight 4
Sep 22, 2012 at 3:03 AM

Hi to all friends out there.

I am not able to figure out how i can implement form base authentication by using prism so that i can maintain throughout out my application.I have modular application in which i have one module which is for user authentication .i want that i authenticate user here and authentication token i make available to all  module.

So please tell me how i can achieve that .I have RIA service in my web solution.

Thanks in advance.

Developer
Sep 25, 2012 at 5:50 PM

Hi,

Based on my understanding you should be able to expose your authentication functionality for example by using shared services, which basically are classes that can be accessed from the container through a common interface, allowing you to have  system-wide services, such as authentication. This way you should be able to share your authentication token across your different modules.

For more information about Shared Services you could check the following chapter of the Prism documentation:

Also, I believe you could find the following blog post interesting:

There you could find a sample and information on how to wrap a ria service in a shared service, which is registered in the container through a common interface mapping, defined in a common project. This way you could consume this service using this interface in all your modules.

I hope you find this handy,

Agustin Adami
http://blogs.southworks.net/aadami