including visifire in Composite WPF framework

Nov 29, 2008 at 5:58 AM
Hi All,

i m trying to add Visifire control in Composite WPF app, it compiles but throws following runtime error ,

Could not load file or assembly 'Visifire.Charts, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

am i missing any dll registry code or something?....
Nov 30, 2008 at 11:18 PM
Edited Nov 30, 2008 at 11:20 PM

I came on this issue on couple of cases what are worthy to check to see if they can help you.

1.       If you added the reference to this assembly by Copy Local, do the project clean up, remove the reference and add the reference again and recompile.
2.       Check that you have a reference to this dll in SL project generated AppManifest.xaml file.
3.       Check the dependent dlls for this module and that they are in manifest, and if they are not you have to add the reference to these dlls in web implementation project, or you have to uncheck the generate manifest and add the missing dlls.

Hope above helps….

Dec 1, 2008 at 5:54 AM
Hi alexanderqx,

I have checked  SL generated  AppManifest.xaml. The reference for the 'Visifire.Charts' wasnt there in that file. Then i have manually edited the AppManifest.xaml for above mentioned dll. Now it doesnt throw any error and its working fine.

Is there any setting by which SL can automatically add this refernce lines in AppManifest.xaml file.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Dec 1, 2008 at 11:21 AM
Usually these get generated automatically unless something goes wrong, what may help is that you clean the project, and remove references and add them again. This is really a silverlight issue and you probably find more info of this from site and forums.

Take a look of Mike Taulty and Mike Ormond screencasts from site of the Silverlight anatomy,which goes good explanation of how the XAP works, how the code gets run and so on. You can find this video from following link