Dec 7, 2008 at 12:02 AM

Is there any specific reason why some of the samples provided on codedrops are giving the design time error AG_E_PARSER_BAD_PROPERTY_VALUE when ItemsControl and RegionManager is used? This seems happening on some of the samples provided but it doesn’t affect on runtime.

Dec 9, 2008 at 12:31 AM
Wish I had saved the links I read...   In a nutshell we (at work) are getting an error to the effect of "object null reference" for the Regionmanager.RegionName declaration in XAML (won't let us design in Expression Blend).  This evening I googled it and found that there was a hotfix and when I went to the hotfix it suggested that you do not install it if you have Visual Studio 2008 SP1 and Silverlight tools (if I remember correctly).

I had installed these on my new development system so I opened my project and at home I'm getting the "AG_E_PARSER_BAD_PROPERTY_VALUE" error.  I'm pretty sure I have the same packages installed at both home and work - the main difference being XP 32bit at work and Vista Ultimate 64bit at home.

Either way - it isn't happy with the RegionManager.RegionName XAML binding statement - my workaround (so I can design in Expression Blend and/or Visual Studio designer) follows: