Issue with Binding the Textblock with a Value and a progress bar value in Dailog which is opened via InteractionRequest

Topics: Prism v2 - WPF 3.5, Prism v2 - WPF 4, Prism v4 - Silverlight 4, Prism v4 - WPF 4
Jul 2, 2013 at 7:24 AM
we are struck in an issue while Binding the Textblock with a value and progressbar Value .

we have a wpf shell app , wherein we need to show a dialog which has Textblock showing the %percentage,Progressbar ,Ok,Cancel etc .
Clicking on Button (ok} will start a DB call and once DB helper publishes this event , This dialog viewmodel subscribes it and assign the value returned from DBHelper to ViewModel.ProgressVale property , as well as ViewModel.PercentComplet property. The issue is The property has value and it is INotified as well.
I am feeling the issue is with DataContext , We are using InteractionRequest to open the dialog and passing the Viewmodel. I guess the viewmodel is not updated or the DataContext is not refreshed.
please need urgent help to sort this issue out. let me know if my understanding is correct or I am missing anything .Thanks again

Jul 2, 2013 at 4:57 PM

Based on my understanding, Prism does not provide a popup action for WPF as out-of-the-box. Therefore, it would be useful if you can provide us with more information on how you implemented this functionality and how you are passing the ViewModel to the dialog.

Regarding the issue with the progress bar, I recommend you to check if your ViewModel is implementing INotifyPropertyChanged and you are refreshing the view each time one of the properties is modified.

Federico Martinez