UnityExtensions.dll and Unity.dll versions

Topics: Prism v4 - WPF 4
Aug 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I've just downloaded the prism 4.1 for .net 4.5 and the Unity 3 assemblies. When I use them in a project I get the following error:
Error   90  Assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.Prism.UnityExtensions, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' uses 'Microsoft.Practices.Unity, Version=3.0.1208.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.Unity, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'   
I thought that the unity 3 release was supposed to fix this.

Am I missing something here?

Where do I have to pull the assemblies for both prism and unity from in order for them to work together for .net 4.5 (without having to ildasm them or rebuild them...we want to use the assemblies as released by Microsoft).

Aug 9, 2013 at 1:23 PM

This is a known issue of Prism that has already been tracked:

Also, it was previously discussed in a thread and possible workarounds were mentioned. However, as far as we know, there is no other possible workaround to solve this problem other than using ILDASM or rebuilding the those Prism assemblies targeting that version of Unity and UnityExtensions.

Federico Martinez