XBAP sample of the RI

Topics: Prism v2 - WPF 3.5
Feb 12, 2009 at 2:33 PM

It would have been great to see the StockTraderRI hosted in an XBAP. I used this post (http://www.codeplex.com/CompositeWPF/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=31058) but did not manage to do it (I was hoping to resuse the popup of the Silverlight in the XBAP) but I figure out that there is so much I don't understand that it would take me to much time.

Hopefully someone with good knowledge are able to to this and post a sample. Thanks!

Mar 13, 2009 at 5:56 PM

With the help of my teammates from the p&p Sustained Engineering Team, Matias and Ezequiel, we migrated the Stock Trader Reference Implementation of Prism-v2 from a WPF application to XBAP. I have blogged about this and the article also has a link to the migrated source code:

·         Composite Application Guidance for WPF & Silverlight (Prism v2) Reference Implementation migrated to XBap

Bear in mind that some functionality of the original Reference Implementation, like creating a Popup Window for the News Reader, was commented out. This is because, since XBAP runs in a partially trusted environment some operations cannot be performed.

Please let me know if this helps.

Damian Schenkelman