Project linker tool problem running in Experimental hive

Topics: Prism v2 - Silverlight 2, Prism v2 - WPF 3.5
Mar 31, 2009 at 9:15 AM

I tried to run the Project linker tool from the experimental hive as instructed in
   When I tried to open a silverlight project in the experimental hive it was not able to open it (only silverlight applications). But im already doing silverlight development with the normal Visual studio dev environment and there is no problem.
   Am I missing something here? Should I do something to enable silverlight projects when I use the Visual Studio Experimental hive?

Apr 1, 2009 at 6:04 PM

Hi Ranjith

A probable reason for this to happen, is that the original Visual Studio hive from the registry is cloned to create the experimental hive when Visual Studio SDK is installed. However, if you perform modifications to the original Visual Studio (like installing Silverlight), these changes will not be mapped to the experimental hive.

You can reset the experimental hive to the same state as the regular hive using the VsRegEx utility.

Perhaps you could find the following articles useful:

·         VsRegEx Command-Line Utility

·         Experimental Build

Please let me know if this helps.

Damian Schenkelman

Apr 5, 2009 at 4:00 PM
Hi Damian,

The VsRegEx command helped me clone the original hive and I was able to view Silverlight projects too in the experimental hive.