Prism 4.2 Errors with Prism Library Solution

Topics: Prism v4 - WPF 4
Feb 24, 2014 at 2:26 PM
I've downloaded and installed Prism 4.1 and the Prism 4.2 for .Net 4.5, where I have copied the contents of into my unpacked folder (which is where Prism 4.1 was installed). I've followed, or rather following the readme which states to load the Prism Library Solution and build it prior to running the Quickstarts. However, I'm getting 1 error and 21 warnings, my error being:

Assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Interactivity, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'System.Windows.Interactivity, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'System.Windows.Interactivity, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' c:\Prism\unpacked\PrismLibrary\Desktop\Prism.Interactivity\bin\Debug\Microsoft.Practices.Prism.Interactivity.dll Prism.Interactivity.Tests

How can I resolve this please?
Feb 25, 2014 at 1:16 PM

The issue you are facing is related to having the new downloaded source code on the same folder location that Prism 4.1 was before. By doing this, the solution would find the old Prism 4.1 assemblies that were built before, making it to throw a versioning error as Prism 4.1 old assemblies were configured for Net 4.0.

In order to solve the problem, extract the Prism 4.2 zipped folder into a new empty folder and build the Prism Library solution. Notice that Blend for Net 4.5 would be needed to be installed in the machine which it would actually be installed automatically with Visual Studio's update.

I hope this helps,

Gabriel Ostrowsky
Marked as answer by adminsoft on 2/25/2014 at 6:32 AM
Feb 25, 2014 at 1:31 PM
Thanks Gabriel, I did exactly that later in the day and all is well, I should have posted that so consider my wrists slapped, but appreciate your reply :)