Popup Region

Topics: Prism v2 - WPF 3.5
Apr 29, 2009 at 10:19 AM
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has implemented a Popup (<Popup></Popup>) as a region in a desktop app?

Apr 29, 2009 at 7:03 PM

Hi Paul,

The following threads deal with a similar situation, and provide possible approaches to show a view in a popup region:

·         Popup "View" - Silverlight (it says Silverlight, but it also works with WPF)

·         Showing a view in a region vs a modal dialog

Please let me know if this helps.

Damian Schenkelman

May 1, 2009 at 4:37 AM
The stock trader RI sample implements a popup using a customized regions adapter.

Please let me know if this helps.
May 1, 2009 at 5:41 AM
Thanks, I ended up building a Popup Region Adapter from scratch and seems to be working very well, I'm currently building up a style that includes a close button etc.  I do have a bug to resolve, basically if a view in the popup region has a tabcontrol being used as a region I get some really weird rapid flickering.  I would like to share the Popup Region Adapter with everyone, is there a good place I can post it, maybe contrib project?

Again thanks.

May 1, 2009 at 11:15 AM
Hi Paul,

I'm very interested in your Popup Region Adapter. I'm trying to build one for the Window control from ComponentOne and honestly I don't know where to start from !
To inject my views into popups I placed a ContentControl inside the popup. It works but it is defenitively not the way to do it ! I've tried the same "trick" with the C1Window from ComponentOne but I, obviously, got some errors. I know I have to build a Region Adapter but, again, don't know really where I'm going to...

Is there anyway I can obtain your source ? 

Aug 20, 2009 at 11:35 AM

Could you share your popup region adapter source?  it would be extremely helpful.