Best approach to start multi window/shell application

Topics: Prism v4 - WPF 4
Aug 28, 2014 at 1:27 PM

I need to rewrite old WPF application to new WPF PRISM project that will gonna have similar functionality as old, but it will have advantages of composite approach thanks to PRISM. I want to ask for best approach to start doing this.

Old application has a starter window (let's call it launcher ) Which that launcher you can start other new windows (diferent projects for each department with diferent functionalities), each separate project that start from launcher can run simultaneously. And in that projects we have other programs on a ribbon tabs (in prism we could name that tabs as modules).

What would be best approach to start PRISM application? I am thinking of this option:

One separate shells for launcher that start new shells (windows) for each program and in that programs we load modules.

I am not sure if that approach is a correct way.
Also since I am new to PRISM, I am not sure if you can comunicate between shells, i might need to comunicate bettwen shells.
Also I cant find way to start new shell window with new regionManager from delegate command.

If anyone can help me pick right decision. I would be grateful.
Sorry for my poor english.
Sep 5, 2014 at 10:53 PM

I will advice you to review Prism documentation. Your decision will be based on your applications requirements. So it is difficult to really answer your question.

Good luck